The Cisco® XFP Module (Figure 1) offers customers a variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Packet-over-SONET/SDH (POS) connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
Cisco XFP Module
Main features of the Cisco XFP Module include:
● Supports 10GBASE Ethernet and OC-192/STM-64 data rates
● Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into a XFP port of a Cisco Systems® router to link the port with the network
● Provides flexibility of interface choice
● Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model
● Supports the digital optical monitoring capability
● Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that helps enable a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is a Cisco certified and tested XFP
● Supports optical interoperability with respective Cisco 10GBASE XENPAK and X2, and SFP+ modules on the same link
Cisco 10GBASE-SR XFP module for MMF
The 10GBASE-SR XFP is dedicated to Ethernet applications only. It supports a link length of 26m on standard FDDI-grade MMF. Up to 300m link lengths are possible when using 2000 MHz/km MMF (OM3). Up to 400m link lengths are possible when using 4700MHz*km MMF (OM4).
Cisco Multirate 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-LW and OC-192/STM-64 SR-1 XFP Module for SMF
The multirate XFP supports both 10GBASE-LR and 10GBASE-LW Ethernet applications and OC-192/STM-64 Short-Reach (SR-1) POS applications. Cisco offers both common and industrial temperature range products.
Cisco Multirate 10GBASE-ER, 10GBASE-EW and OC-192/STM-64 IR-2 XFP Module for SMF
The multirate XFP supports both 10GBASE-ER and 10GBASE-EW Ethernet applications and OC-192/STM-64 Intermediate Reach (IR-2) POS applications. Cisco offers both common and industrial temperature range products.
Cisco Multirate 10GBASE-ZR, 10GBASE-ZW and OC-192/STM-64 LR-2 XFP Module for SMF
The multirate XFP supports both 10GBASE-ZR and 10GBASE-ZW Ethernet applications and OC-192/STM-64 Long-Reach (LR-2) POS applications. Cisco offers both common and industrial temperature range products.
Cisco XFP modules are supported on Cisco switches and routers. For more details, refer to the document Cisco 10 Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Module Compatibility Matrix:
SEEKER(SEEKER TELECOM (CHINA) CO., LIMITED)